5/14/2011

Nail Polish Collection

A Girls Gotta Have Options! 




       I spent my Saturday afternoon indoors because of the, not so pleasant weather (it was giving me sinus issues and I wasn't' feeling to well) so I decided to swatch all my nail polish and get them all in order so I know what I have. I was also going to chuck a couple here and there if I saw any that were REALLY old or just not a good colour but surprisingly I ended up keeping all of them because I chucked a bunch last year. I got the idea to put my nail swatches on a nail colour wheel (purchased at Sally's Beauty Supply) from a youtuber that is under the name totalmakeupjunkie101, her name is Eshawnee I believe. She has great videos and is really good to watch I recommend her videos to everyone. If you do decide to do this swatch method set aside an entire day for it because you will need it, if you have a collection as large as mine, but Eshawnee does put me to shame :D. Do this in a well ventilated area with an open window and a fan, otherwise you will be as high as a kite for the rest of the day. Also you need to come up with a system of how you want to organize (meaning by brand or by colour) and label the swatches and maybe write up a spread sheet. 

Here are all my swatches with the corresponding company and names of the polishes, my finder points to number one on the list:

Glitter

1. O.P.I- Teenage Dream
2. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear- 140 Rockstar Pink
3. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear- 200 Strobe Lights
4. Milani- 89 Disco Lights
5. Milani- 40 Diamond Dazzle 
6. Wet and Wild Fast Dry- the Gold and the Beautiful 

Blacks and Greys 

1. Sally Hansen Salon- Black to You
2. Rimmel Minerals- Black Satin
3. NYC Long wearing nail enamel- Black Lace
4. O.P.I- Black Shatter
5. Sally Hansen No chip 10 Day- Tuscan Pride
6. Revlon steel- Her Heart
7. Revlon- Silver Screen
8. Revlon- Hazy
9. Wet and Wild Fast Dry- Gray's Anatomy
10. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear- 13 Celeb City

Neutrals 

1. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro- 200 Bare Naked
2. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro- 210 Spice Romance 
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro- 220 Desert Rose
4. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro- 230 Hot Cocoa
5. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro- 290 Crushed Pearl
6. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro- 270 Steel Grey
7. Essie Mini- Marino Cool 
8. O.P.I- Over the Taupe
9. O.P.I- Barefoot in Barcelona
10. Essie Mini- Little Brown Dress
11. Nailene Hard and Healthy- French Manicure
12. Revlon- Sheer Plum
13. Revlon- Totally Toffee
14. Orly- Rage
15. Sally Girl Mini- U Glow Girl
16. Wet and Wild Fast Dry- the Gold and the Beautiful (repeat)
17. Revlon- White on White 
18. Miscellaneous-Unknown Name 

Greens and Blues 

1. Revlon Matte Suede- 933 Emerald City
2. Revlon Scented Parfume- 320 Ocean Breeze
3. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri- Blue Streak
4. Essie Mini- Sew Psyched
5. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear -17 Ivy League
6. China Glaze- For Audrey
7. Nicole by O.P.I- Hint of Mint
8. Revlon- 85 Minted
9. China Glaze- FrostBite
10. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear- 420 Pacific Blue
11. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear- 130 Blue Me Away!

Reds, Pinks and 1 Yellow 

1. O.P.I- Midnight in Moscow 
2. Revlon ColourStay- 12 Always Vintage
3. N.Y.C- Broadway Burgundy
4. Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day- Red October 
5. China Glaze- Ruby Pumps
6. Essie Mini- Limited Addiction
7. Sally Hansen- Kiss Me Creme
8. Miscellaneous- Unknown Name
9. Miscellaneous- Unknown Name
10. Wet N Wild Megalast- Through the Grapevine
11. Wet N Wild Wild Shine- Lavender Pearlescent
12. China Glaze- Fifth Avenue
13. Revlon Scented Parfume- Mad About Mango 
14. China Glaze- Thataway
15. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri- Lightning


Purples 


1. Cover Girl Continues Colour- 096 Rouge Vamp
2. China Glaze- V111
3. Wet N Wild Megalast- Disturbia
4. Revlon- 790 No Shrinking Violet
5. Joe Fresh- Eggplant
6. China Glaze- Avalanche
7. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro- 350 Violet Metal

~~~ PaX Et AmOr~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment